Monday, December 8, 2008

Singing in the Dark

I put Rock to sleep tonight and sang his hymn, "Come Thou Fount." What blessed me is that Frances taught him the song "Trust and Obey" and told him that when he gets scared at night in his room to sing "Trust and Obey." So when I left his room and started to leave the door I just closed, I heard him sing it for the first time on his own. I just heard the last 2 lines of the chorus, but I'm sure he sang the whole chorus.

Trust and Obey
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.

I thank God for letting Frances trust and obey God the way she passes on biblical truth through great Christian songs to our son. May Rock learn to trust and obey Christ and see it in our lives as parents.

2 comments:

God is good! said...

I love him!! Hahah he is sooo funny...

Anonymous said...

Praise God! =)
aw man i miss all you guys!