Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We Will, We Will, Rock You!

Rock's birthday was small, but quite an adventure! Since it was here, in LA, we didn't invite many people because of the distance, and our (PJ, and, I, and our church families) intentional focus wanting to be towards our new LA friends.
Our basketball hunt...And to think, they're still family :)I think there was a bit trading going on......since half were stuffed with Rock's favorite snacks (edamame & macadamia nuts) and minimum candies for the grown kids.
Some weren't too happy with the nuts :)


A crazy, fun-filled day for this gal.A little unhappy that his candle was still lit :(Many were rooting for Rock's enjoyment of his cake...I say, blah.She was rooting for herself.My little Key slept most of the time. I praise God because my mind was all over the place.

Thank you Lord for a healthy, growing, amazing, little boy. He's grown so much, and I am thankful he is learning more, and more about Christ (he currently knows John3:16, Matt6:24a, Prov3:5, Psalm1:6, Eph6:1, and Gen1:1). Lord knows, when, and if he'll trust in you, but Rock has been obedient in learning more about Jesus, and learning how to obey and trust mommy and abba. I'm amazed how you, have used Rock to rebuke me or make me more Christ-centered. Sometimes he'll ask me, "Mommy what do you want to do today?" Then I'll say "I don't know", he'll say "To glorify God, and enjoy him forever!" What an encouragement! He'll randomly want to pray for people (Uncle Brown lately), sing Come Thou Fount, Praise to the Lord (hymns), tell me stories of Jesus, read to me about Christ, recite Nacho Libre lines. He is a very fun, energetic little boy, and I love him so! I must constantly remember he is a loaner from you. Lord, please, please help PJ, and I not waste the years we have with Rock, may we gracefully emebed what you have taught us, and commanded us to do--preach with grace, Christ crucified. In Christ name, Amen.

1 comment:

The Hows said...

wow, i love that you guys are teaching your son (and i'm sure your daughter, too) so much about God and His Son, Jesus, and His Word. that is so encouraging - and yes, they belong to God, not us and we as parents need to make sure we're raising them His way. thank you for reminding me of that! btw, where did you get all the basketballs for the basketball hunt? how many did you hide? what a great idea! do they make other sport balls, too?