By Frances
I was so nervous taking Elijah up the mountains, where there are lions, tigers and bear, oh my! Praise God it went well, we had a great time and it was just great meeting new people that you just have an instant bond because of the love of Christ. Elijah was for the most part well behaved, he didn’t want to eat anything so i totally had to budge and feed him anything- he ate funions, unfortunately. All the campers loved him and he made new friends. Daddy worked and mommy and baby would go back to our cool cabin (we were spoiled!) and relaxed, Elijah usually napped and i read. I ate tons, i perhaps gained weight
Meet great people like Tita Cynthia, Tito Bert, Jason, Tubbs, Francisco, Eric, Rowena, Nate, Brian, and reunited with family (Sam, Ate Marissa, Uncle Rick, etc). One of the most memorable was reading my book (Above All Earthly Pow’rs) and my devotions on Isaiah 53, another was PJ and Jason rapping, oh that was so fun!!! Another was their unforgettable crazy funny skits, FBC is very talented and fun with their creative ways.
PJ didn’t want to do the rap skit but since i was encouraging the guys to continue pressing him–he caved in, and I’m sure he didn’t regret it. The campers were so psyched and went up to him after and were impressed and totally caught off guard. I loved it and enjoyed seeing my husband enjoy himself in that way. I was also excited to see that some of the campers felt more comfortable around him and it opened doors for them to come and ask questions or just plain talk. Jason was great and kept praising PJ for his lyricism but Jason too had great lyrics and a great “rap voice” if there is such a thing. They both did great and I was thankful to God that he created rap music to be enjoyed in Christ, and although many enjoy it out of Christ, there is still common grace all around, what an amazing gracious God.
I had an opportunity to have good conversations with Nate about church culture in a Postmodern world and talked to Rowena about marriage and how to counsel one of her family members. I praise God for good conversations that are so fruitful, ONLY by God’s grace.
I hope we will see some of them sometime, it were a load of fun. Tubbs is hilarious! PJ and I had a great time remembering and replaying Tubbs moments. Some were elbowing the trees, the truck being “HOT!”, the akward goodbye, etc. I pray we can keep in contact with some of these guys. I was already thinking “who can marry them?” assuming they are not…i don’t think they are. Anyways, I loved it and we had a great time. Praise God for an answered prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment