Saturday, September 22, 2007

DC is weird in here

By Frances

We spent the day in Baltimore not DC but since I have a theme going, I didn’t want to spoil it, plus it is our DC family trip.

Tito Boy and Tita Purit took us to the Baltimore aquarium. They bought us the tickets and then said they’d be hanging out around the pier. We were surprised and thankful. We still had our own family time by the generosity of others.

Elijah loved it and kept saying “sssh” for fish. He was a little scared of walking around on his own, maybe because it was dark. This aquarium was really nice and had several buildings. They even had a mock rain forest with birds flying around.

Tomorrow we will attend the church that Joshua Harris pastors. We are packed and ready to go home. I miss home. But we had a blast out here, and Tito Boy and Tita Purit are very generous. They are very devoted Catholics, PJ and I have never known such devoted Catholics before. Tito Boy is an elder of his church and performs baptisms, funerals, and once a month sermons on Sundays. He is very involved and is considered part of the clergy. We asked many questions and tried to love them and at times through in reform ideas. We love them and will pray for them.

Elijah looking at the “ssh”

On some of the aquarium’s there were signs hanging, saying “It’s weird in here.” Just a short explanation of the title of this post.

No comments: