We has the opportunity to head over to the Cherry Blossom Festival, and it was nice. On Saturday they had a kite parade, or show, or display, or whatever it was, and I was excited to take Elijah so he can see the many kites all over the sky above...it was a great sight. The cherry blossoms made everything look so pleasant and made the Jefferson memorial look even more memorial :) We had a great family fun filled, action packed, joyful day in the Lord!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday service: The Importance of Gender
Mark DeverGenesis 1:27-30
1.The Creation
2.The Image of God
3.Masculinity
4. Femininity
5. Popular confusions
6. Explanation of Gender
During the evening service, I was rebuked and encouraged. Sam Lam, reviewed what a biblical man and woman are like (Titus, Timothy) and encouraged the congregation to desire to be like these men and women BUT then he rebuked some and asked who do we practically look up to? Guys tend to look up to athletes, tough guy figures (Jack Bauer), the successful, the career man, etc. and women tend to look up to the fashionista, the beautiful, the crafty, the career woman, etc. We could say "well, I look up to godly women and Christ" but then we must ask ourselves the question-- where is most of our time spent? Or where is our constant admiration at? I was encouraged to seek to follow women who are sold out to the Gospel and display it all over their lives, not just on Sunday mornings, but everyday. I pray that I may be a woman who desires to be more like Christ (which lets be honest, this is hard work, so if it is hard work, then all of our time needs to be here) and imitate the women that follow him and putting who I admire, in its rightful place or cast away. Being Christ-like and admiring women who are godly, needs to be infinitely more than wanting to be like other women who have great beauty, talents, etc. Don't get me wrong we can appreciate and practice our individual gifts and likings, BUT where our time and energy and love, and satisfaction, and desire, and passion, need to be is at the feet of Christ and following mature women in Christ. I hope this encourages and/or rebukes you, as it did me :)
*May husbands (or godly sisters/bothers) help their wives (sisters/brothers) see their blind spots.
5 comments:
oh that looks so pretty i want to see cherry blossoms...ooh i wonder how he's going to look after his hair is cut off
The first time i heard the words, "cherry blossoms" i had an image pop in my head of what they looked like. The image in my head was not the image i see in the pictures...i dont know why but by the name i thought they were RED flowers...not whitish/pinkish colors...haha i know im retarded. I love you all!
awww how lovely the pictures are!!!
thank you especially for the second half of the post. it is a great rebuke and encouragement which makes me evaluate my priorities and heart. praise God!
Amiga am Brazilian, and passed on your blog. My congratulations ask your work. I thank you from my heart. A hug from Manoel Limoeiro do Brazil.
E-mail and msn: manoeljs127773997@hotmail.com
Brazil,
thank you for that rebuke. i was just thinking about something like that today. i have been relaxed in my goals these past 2 weeks. but my pursuit for Christ must be preeminent.
Post a Comment