Sunday, July 13, 2008

Taste Tester?

So I told PJ that I have a new job...

PJ: What is it? (with an unbelieving look)
Me: I will search for the best cupcakes in California, no, in the country because I'll taste some in New York too!
PJ: How will you get paid?
Me: With cupcakes.
PJ: So you don't get paid, we pay for the cupcakes and the gas...
Me: Yeah

So it began with Sprinkles, and then with Babycakes Baking Company in Torrance.
I had the list below and their ratings are accompanied...

Rich Chocolate w/ Chocolate Mousse
- Dense, moist, rich chocolate cake piled high with a light, super creamy chocolate mousse.
(6, if you like mousse, which i love!)
Vanilla w/ Vanilla Bean Buttercream - Vanilla cake with a fresh whipped cream filling and slathered with a yummy vanilla bean buttercream. (5)
Carrot Cake Cupcake (5.5)
Black Bottom Cupcake (5)

The owner was very kind, she saw Elijah outside with PJ and asked if he'd like some cookies, I said sure because PJ would love that, and she gave them to me for free. Elijah got a tiny bite :)

Overall rating: 6, but then again I did go when she was closing, so her cupcakes could taste better during the day.
The reason we were in Torrance was because PJ held a Bible study in Torrance at the Arevalo's home, it was another treat to see old familiar faces :)

3 comments:

andrea said...

ooo i would love to hear about your future cupcaking adventures. cupcakes are so yum!

Gen said...

Frances...I'll be your first client and follow your lead!! Baby cakes where we come =)

Unknown said...

I don't know what to say to this.