I recently heard a sermon by Dave Harvey titled
"When Sinners Say "I Do": Marriage is More Than Me" and he says something profound that I deeply enjoyed. He said that God is suppose to be our "favorite thing," and expanded on that thought and then he made the connection that our spouse
"is uniquely designed by God to expose in you your favorite things-- and that is not referring to God." I was so rebuked and encouraged! My spouse (PJ) is used, by God, to expose to me and in me, who or what are my favorite things. God should supremely be our favorite thing, but other idols (wife/husband, comfort, materialism, etc) are revealed by our spouse, whether they know it or not. I am so thankful that PJ shows me, what I value more than God. I always wanted a marry a man who would lead me and love me with Christ in the center. Romance is great and you need it in your marriage, but may it never be in the center as Christ should be in the center--that is true romance.

PJ surprised me with tulips...my favorite!

As I see my beautiful tulips flourish may I be reminded that Christ MUST flourish in our marriage.
Love (PJ),
Thank you for your loving care and how you seek to make our family Christ centered. Thank you for your diligence in family worship and how you showed me the absolute importance of it. Thank you for your constant revelation of what my "favorite things" are and how you don't EVER want yourself to be my favorite thing, but Christ. I love you. Soli Deo Gloria.
3 comments:
Thank you for the encouraging post on the centrality of marriage. Um, did Peej and Ben talk? Cause Ben gave me flowers too! haha... They are conspiring together!
haven't heard from you guys in AGES..it's like you guys live in a different state or something!...wait a minute..YOU DO!! hahaha...
how are things down under?? okay, so I know you guys aren't really "down under" but I've just always wanted to say that....hahahah....
c'mon.you know you miss me and my shinanigans...my hooplas...my "what in the worlds"....
read my blog..leave me some love...and please pray for me! read and you'll know why. thanks!
"Love you muncho"..."muncho"??? what does this mean exactly??? where you a drunkenard when you wrote this comment to me?? hahahah...LOVE YA MUCHO!!!!
Post a Comment