Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Search...

The charming prince rushes to catch up to her....He swiftly jumps into his carriage (or buggy)

What a charming prince.
Where can she be? Is she in here? Or is she over there?
He searched high and low for her...
but she was no where in sight, but he recognizes her sparkling shoe she left behind.
He examines the shoe, hoping for more information of this princess.
He realizes his present circumstances (his age) and decides to leave it for another day.
A nostalgic memory-- he'll keep wondering where his Cinderella is.

As Elijah continues to grow, PJ and I want to prepare him for adulthood early. We often talk about Elijah getting married in the future (if the Lord wills) and dream and hope and pray of how we will strive, by the Lord's grace to prepare him for marriage early too. Sometimes I get sad thinking I won't be the woman in his life but I am reminded that I am not God, and that God may have a wonderful young lady who he will one day call his wife. We pray for her frequently and desire they both will call upon the name of the Lord, live godly lives, remain pure until marriage, her parent's salvation, etc. I also pray and hope that he does not awaken love before he ought to, so he can save himself from physical temptation and emotional attachment too early. As I watched Elijah examine the little girl shoe, it reminded me of his future search of his wife.

Lord, how PJ and I pray they will enjoy displaying Christ and the church accurately, by your grace.

4 comments:

Rubyellen said...

that is cute! i pray for my girls husbands too... and so true. i hope they don't awaken love or what they may think of love, too early!

PJ Tibayan said...

Very encouraging and insightful. Thanks love.

God is good! said...

hahah this brought much joy to my heart...HE IS JUST SOOOO CUTE!! I cant wait to see him again. ONLY 7/6 MORE DAYS!! I really cant wait to hang out with you guys and laugh at stupidity and fellowship and all that good stuff that God gives us. =)

God is good! said...

What do you mean "watch Elijah all day long while i go out and have fun"? Hmmm maybe i will just stay here in Cali...YEAH RIGHT! GOT YOU! I will be more than willing to stay with Elijah all day long...i used to do it and i shall keep on doing it!

Elijah dont worry Auntie is coming soon...just 7/6 more days! (i tell Kenedy this all the time when she cries, and it always seems to make her stop crying...P.S. i think im her favorite alreay..) haha =)