Saturday, May 17, 2008

Key is out of the womb!

Note: Frances and Key are still at the hospital and I'm at home to take a shower and pick up Elijah and Mama to go see Frances and Key.

Key Hava Tibayan was born on May 16, 2008 at 5:39pm. She weighed in at 8 pounds and 8.9 ounces (whereas Elijah was easily more than a pound lighter at 7 pounds 6 ounces). She's 20 inches and was born at Washington Hospital Center in Washington D.C.

We'll post pictures when I come home with Frances and Key.

Answered prayers for which I praise God:
  1. He allowed the baby to be born earlier than the due date (5/14), which is a great mercy to Frances.
  2. God also allowed Frances to give birth after Mama (Frances' mom) came from California (she arrived on 5/14).
  3. God said no to my request for a boy because I was scared of raising and caring for a daughter. I'm still scared, more than raising a boy, but I'm trusting God's promises of grace will help me to be faithful as a father of a girl.
  4. Key is healthy as best we can tell, but she hasn't had her hearing test yet.
  5. The labor was successful and Frances was able to deliver quickly.
  6. We were able to get a private post-partum room which meant I was able to sleep over at the hospital with Frances.

9 comments:

God is good! said...

IM SO EXCITED!!!!!! YAY ANOTHER ADDITION TO THE FAMILY!!! WHOO HOOO!!

selle said...

WHOO-HOO!!! SOOOO EXCITING! CONGRATS, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICS AND MEET KEY!

helen said...

CONGRATULATIONS YAYAYAYY PRAISE GOD! I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER! PRAYIING FOR YOUR NEW FAMILY OF FOUR!

Aura said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome to the world, Key! I hope I get to meet her! Praise God for another blessing!

Linda Park said...

CONGRATS TIBAYAN FAMILY!!!
-Linda (ruby's friend)

Yes...it means girl said...

yay and praise God!!! whoohooo!!! I wanna see pictures!

Hazel said...

congratulations! i can't wait to meet kiki. that is what i'm going to call her.

Gen said...

i want to see more pictures!!!

Yes...it means girl said...

yay! congrats..sorry it's super late!!!! I can't wait to see pictures! post them soon!! bye!!!!