Sunday, January 20, 2008

Finally, the Rock Has Arrived

This past whole week, PJ and I were a bit nervous expecting our son again (the first one being his birth). We would talk about different scenarios of things Elijah would do when he arrives. I really was feel nervous at how he would settle in with us, and in our new place.

I cleaned our little place well. Tried disinfecting what I could...I know I have issues (bacteria and I are not friends).

Anxiously awaiting our little boy.PJ and I were literally right by the gate waiting for the first glimpse of him.
Once he was face to face with us, he seemed dazed and didn't know what to make of him seeing his mommy and daddy again. He smiled nervously.
He was shy around us a bit, but was warming up to the fact that he had his mommy and abba again! Mommy was very emotional and cried a little when they reunited.
He was scared walking into our place, but once he got comfortable, he ran everywhere.
He loves and missed his Abba so.

Our first whole day together was nice, but weird. Elijah still has to get use to the routine here. He went to the nursery for the morning and evening service and he did fairly well. They have lots and lots of cool toys and lots of kids his age (18-23mths). Everyone that knew we were waiting for Elijah was excited to met him. He wasn't as excited. He talks more and his pronounication is better. Man I missed him so much. It was so cold this morning, he was not happy with that, he would tell me in a half crying voice "is cold, is cold." Poor baby. We all need to get use to the cold weather here.

God is so kind in allowing us to see Elijah again. I have to keep reminding myself that he is a "loaner."

The message today-"Pierced for Our Transgressions" Michael Lawrence
1. Who forsook Jesus
2. What does it mean to be forsaken, and
3. Why was he forsaken

Michael said several quotes I was strike by. He spoke about the reality that Christ had to be the God and Man on the cross, not just man, because Christ had to bear the infinite punishment for our sins, he had to bear "the judicial stroke of eternal judgment." That hit me. I was just imaging a blow from God on his son and how I could never perceive the damage Christ endured. God's perfect judgment on Christ. Thank you Lord for saving me and others.

6 comments:

selle said...

yay! praise God!...reunited and it feels soo good!!!...hehe.

helen said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAY praise God! YAYAYAYAYAYAY

miss and love you alL!

Eleazar & Heather said...

Yeah praise God they got there safely. Your place looks nice and the outside with all the old architecture is beautiful. And snow yeah!!! Take lots of pics of you guys with Elijah in the snow. Do you guys need anything? Let us know if there is a tangible love gift we could get you. Snow boots? Does Elijah need a snow suit. My neighbors grandson's might have one that they're to big for now... let us know. Praying for you and your growing family miss you sister. Tell PJ were praying for his time out there.
Prayer request for us is Brown started school last week. (Old Testament survey & a teaching course).
HKN ( b/c of you & ur FT)

Ica said...

Praise God. I was praying for you guys this weekend and I'm glad Elijah got to you and PJ safely. Once the three of you are settled in comfortably and if you need any help at all.. please give me a call and hopefully we'll see each other soon.

God is good! said...

YAY!!! Im so happy for you guys!! I miss you all and love you! =)

Gen said...

woohoo Elijah is home...praise God.