Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Hastie Wedding 1/12/06 at Capitol Hill Baptist Church


This was our first wedding at CHBC. PJ and all the interns had to be there, perhaps it was part of their observation time. All members were invited to the Hastie Wedding. We came to find out that if you use the building at CHBC, you also have to happily welcome the members to attend. CHBC looks at the wedding as a worship service, so you wouldn't stop a member from coming to service, then you shouldn't stop them from coming to this worship service. I like the way the church looks at weddings and how that spills over to the congregation. Yes, it was a wedding but their was something different about it, it did feel like a beautiful worship service too. I thought this to be very interesting. I like that. It makes sense and it builds this church to look at weddings differently (and marriage), not just say it does but really implementing that into the congregation and in the wedding service.


The groom as he first looks at his bride-to-be

The small court
Her beautiful gown!

This picture reminds me of my idol Jackie O.

Michael Lawrence officiating the wedding.

Another Jackie O moment.

I missed the actual kiss but I like how she looks at him after it :)

She was a pretty bride.

The Hastie's!

The appetizers after the wedding. I believe they had a special reception for the family after.

I was fascinated with these cute little star decorations

so much detail...
I took to many.

I took a lot more but they came out blurry :( and we didn't stay long after. I want to get better at taking pictures, I thank God for the opportunity to use and try to get better at using an SLR (thanks Booty!). Maybe at the next wedding I can get better :) JP and Owen would have had a blast here taking good pictures.

1 comment:

Gen said...

oh..weddings...
thanks for the birthday greeting last Sunday! =) oh..and what do you mean that it "looked" fun? Did someone post pictures I haven't seen yet?