Friday, January 18, 2008

"when I was 11..."

Yesterday was our first snow fall. It was amazing and beautiful. I was too scared to drive in it or go outside (I must have looked like a nerd, peeking through the door, haha) just looking at how it made the city look was beautiful. Poor PJ walked home from church, but thank God it was only 4 blocks. Can't wait until Elijah plays with it and sees it, oh what joy in Lord!



This was the beginning of the snowfall, as you can see the ground was bare...
Then woohla, there's snow everywhere!Funny story:
PJ was in a group discussion with Mark Dever and the other interns, and while they were talking PJ was looking outside through the window (very distracted), amazed at the snow.
Mark stopped the discussion and told PJ "that is what we call snow PJ...when is the last time you saw snow?"
PJ replied " when I was 11 years old"
Mark, not at all mad "Well, then please go, go, go look"
PJ gets up and goes to the window and admires the snow, as the discussion proceeds.

Moral of the story: We are so obvious that we are not from here :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a catholic church across the street, no it is not the one we attend. Please pray for us as we try to build a relationship with our landlords. I think they might be catholic. They ask what PJ does but never really share about themselves. PJ, and I have to show Christ to them. We asked them if one day they'd join us for dinner, they gladly accepted. The lady is so nice. Lord if they are not saved, please save them.

5 comments:

selle said...

so pretty the snow pics!!!

Gen said...

ya snow...so exciting. can't wait to see more pictures!! woohoo

helen said...

OOOOH HOW FABULOUS!!!!!

I LIKED YOUR FUNNY STORY HAHA

Ica said...

Haha.. I was thinking about you guys when it snowed last week.. I bet it was exciting for you both... im sure Elijah will see more of it all in the course of your stay here.

I also hope you guys have been warm enough.. it was bitter cold this weekend... even i was frozen and i'm from here.. lol...

Aura said...

Awww.. this is a great story! Enjoy your time in D.C. How long are you staying there?