Colossians 3:1 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
2 Timothy 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.
Friday, January 18, 2008
The Son is Coming
Elijah is coming tomorrow at 6pm. Jesus' last words in the Bible are, "Surely, I am coming soon." I can't wait for Elijah to come. I'm so excited and eagerly anticipating his arrival. Jesus is coming soon too. Who am I more eager for? Sadly and honestly, I look forward to my son coming more than God's Son. Why? Maybe it's because I know with a high degree of certainty my son will be here tomorrow. Maybe it's because I have already seen my son face to face. Maybe it's because I'm sinning and my mind is set more on earthly things. I fear it is the last one. I want to be more eager in anticipating the return of King Jesus! That doesn't mean I should lessen my excitement for my son's arrival, but by God's grace, raise my excitement for my Savior's arrival.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment