On Friday night and Saturday morning we had to undergo, a total of 6 hours of "membership matters" classes. They take membership here very serious, which they should. Once you finish the classes you then have an interview with one of the pastors. I believe one of the questions they ask is to give the gospel in 60 seconds. After we interview they then bring it to the church at an all and only, member meeting, and vote us in. Pretty intense but exciting. The membership classes were helpful and in depth in some ways. We went through why join a church, church history, why they are Southern Baptist, etc. It was very good and edifying. So now we need to schedule our interview....scary.
Last night Beka (an associate pastor's wife) had two lady friends over for dinner and I hung out with them and watched a movie and talked. It was fun. They asked me how PJ and I got together, they enjoyed the humor in our love story.
1 comment:
Did you get the memo?!! Ben said that for 2008 they eliminated February-May from the calendar!!! So... I guess see you in a couple of weeks!
Post a Comment