Sunday, January 6, 2008

Our Cross Country Trip

Our cross country trip was fast and sanctifying. We went through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Virginia, then to D.C in four days! We really didn't see much, we just zoomed by everything because PJ needed to be there by Jan. 3rd.

The first night we stayed in New Mexico, PJ didn't sleep much because he was worried about the car with all the stuff. I also had a hard time of sleeping, but slept more than PJ.

The second night we stayed in Arkansas, we were tired, and I had to pee so we just stopped at the first motel. This place was a little scary after we thought about it. Our car was the only one in the parking lot and the city was deserted (I take it because it was New Years). Thank God he got us through the nigh safely.

The third night we stayed in Tennessee at a much better hotel and actually got rest! The other two nights weren't as restful.

We wanted an actual dinner, considering we literally ate and ran, so we went to good''ole Macaroni Grill.

Knoxville Tennessee. Going through Tennessee made me want to be a country singer!

It's insane how marriage really is sanctifying. I saw so much of my sin come out during the tough times. A lot of my irritability came out during this trip. I've asked the Lord for forgiveness and my husband. I thank God that he reminds me of my sinfulness and reminds me of the cross and how I desperately need Jesus everyday.

No comments: